Carley’s Human Performance Technology (HPT) process is derived from the International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI) Model and includes a systematic approach to improving individual and organizational performance. Our HPT process includes the following activities:
- Perform a GAP Analysis to determine and define the difference(s) between the present levels of performance and the desired levels of performance.
- Perform a Cause Analysis to determine why there is a gap in performance expectations. The causes of performance gaps can be categorized into one of the following six categories:
○ Skills and Knowledge
○ Data, Information, and Feedback
○ Environmental Support, Resources, and Tools
○ Individual Capacity
○ Motives and Expectations
○ Consequences, Incentives, or Rewards
- Design, Develop, and Implement the appropriate solution to mitigate the effect of the cause. Examples of solutions include:
○ Technical References
○ Compensation Packages
- Evaluate the implementation of the solution to determine if the solution produced desired results. Did individual and organizational performance improve enough to meet expectations?